Making a mug cake is just fun. Some will disagree and say that the simple recipe makes for a very boring cake. But I don’t quite agree with that. I think cupcakes are one of the starting points for creativity in baking. Take this cup of lemon-flavored moist chocolate, for example.
Chocolate cake with Citrus Cup
Usually, a dessert recipe combines a rich chocolate flavor with citrus. This simple combination distinguishes a mug cake from a simple microwave dessert. The fresh citrus taste can transform an already luxurious chocolate flavor into something extraordinary.
To take it a step further, a simple lemon glaze can be thrown on top.
Why the cupcake is stupid
A mug cake is by far the easiest cake in the world. No traditional cooking techniques are required for this miracle, either in terms of ingredients or equipment.
First of all, it’s also egg-free, which means no mechanical fermentation is required. In fact, the pastry is usually cooked with chemicals and hot bubble oil, but both should be handled with care. If you use too much baking powder or bicarbonate, the cake will rise too high and eventually crack. And if too much oil is used, the product will be too dense to rise evenly and cracks will appear.
The other reason is simply that it can be cooked in the microwave and is ready in about a minute. This is also where the oil comes in.
It forms air pockets when heated, which is very effective in small spaces. This oil can be rapeseed oil, vegetable oil or even coconut oil. They both work.
Note that this requires a microwaveable cup. While this may seem obvious, you should check if such devices are available, as not all manufacturers tend to label them properly.
Therefore, it is advisable to explore the available devices or buy real mugs that fit the profile in an unconventional way.
- Vegetable oil if necessary (for the microwave)
- 2 tablespoons of home-made flour
- 2 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed, plant oil or coconut oil
Ingredient Glaze (optional) :
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Choose a mug with a cup, a microwaveable mug with a handle. Brush the inside with the same oil you chose for the ingredients.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt and sugar with a whisk or fork. Add the lemon peel.
- Stir in the milk, lemon juice and butter until smooth without lumps.
- Pour the batter into a microwave-safe cup (preferably one with a handle).
- Place the mug in the microwave for 90-120 seconds or until it stops rising and the center of the surface is firm.
- Carefully remove the mug from the microwave and set it on a heat-resistant surface or plate to cool for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice to make the glaze (optional). Keep whisking until all the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is thick. Pour the glaze over the surface of the cup. Enjoy it.
Cake cup options
- Orange flavor – Replace the orange juice and zest with lemon juice and zest.
- Raspberry – Omit lemon juice and zest (and glaze, if using). Instead, add a tablespoon of diced raspberries and an additional tablespoon of milk in step 2. If you wish, you can decorate the cake with raspberries (whole or sliced) in place of the frosting.
Don’t miss our Facebook page!
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
lemon curd mug cake no egg,lemon meringue mug cake,microwave ricotta mug cake,microwave sponge in a mug,easy microwave desserts recipes,ww mug cake recipe uk,lemon mug,lemon desserts in a cup,healthy lemon mug cake,lemon mug cake betty crocker,lemon mug cake keto,lemon mug cake recipe,gluten free cake in a mug,keto microwave sponge cake,lime mug cake,chocolate covered lady,single serve cupcake,chocolate covered katie cupcakes,vegan vanilla mug cake,healthy mug cake banana,healthy vanilla mug cake,single serving cake recipe oven,healthy mug cake, peanut butter,vegan mug brownie,microwave chocolate mug cake,chocolate chip mug cake,gooey chocolate mug cake,vanilla mug cake,brownie in a mug,Privacy settings,How Search works,lemon self saucing mug cake,lemon mug cake with almond flour,lemon cloud mug cake recipe,lemon curd mug cake,blueberry lemon mug cake,lemon mug cake dr oz