Do you want to work in architecture? In that case, it is best to opt for architecture. If you look at the buildings being built in your area, you will notice that they were built under the supervision of architects. These are the real people behind the construction. Choose an architecture. What does an architect do? This is the person who designs, builds, maintains and restores the building. It plays an important role in construction.
Architecture has important elements, namely science, art, engineering and mathematics. As an architect, you can also be responsible for renovating your home. You must have a basic idea and concept for how to use the space. This is only possible if you have a degree in architecture. If you choose to become an architect, you should have a thorough knowledge of project management, design, construction management, cost estimation, etc. It is an interesting profession that young people prefer. As an architect, you have to work hard and be diligent. That’s the important thing.
Right to become an architect
To become an architect, special educational qualities are required. It would be good to know the qualifications.
- You must pass the 10+2 exam in science subjects. This is a condition under which you cannot register for this course. You have to score 50% on this exam. If you have a science background, you must have taken subjects such as physics, chemistry and mathematics in 10+2.
- Almost all reputed institutes offer an entrance exam for the B.Arch. course. To register for this course, you must take a test. It will help if you take the necessary steps to pass the exam.
- This is a five-year course that requires the determination and commitment of the student.
Skills needed to become a successful architect in India
This course also requires you to have certain specific skills. If you have these skills, you can become a successful architect in the future.
- You must have good digital skills. This is fine, as long as you have a good understanding of numerical ideals and geometric values.
- To become a good architect, you also need to have some creative talent. Creative skills help bring a new look into your home and keep it that way.
- The following construction skills are required: Design skills. It allows you to make a good design of buildings, rooms and models. This will also help to make a large number of people aware of your project.
- Good and thorough legal knowledge is also essential in this area. It would be good if you knew the standard rules of the region. This contributes to the smooth running of the project.
- Good communication skills are equally important in becoming a good architect. It is useful for you to learn English so that you can easily communicate with clients who may come from other parts of the world.
- You have to have the mentality to work as a team. To do this, you need to be adaptable.
- Your positive attitude towards the customer is also crucial. Always meeting customers with a smile. You should be able to resolve any issues that may arise prior to your project.
- This is good if you have strong visual power. This is very necessary in any professional field. This is an important skill and art for a professional.
Steps for the Profession of Architect
To become an architect, you have to go through a number of steps. Here are the steps.
- If you want to become a good architect, you need to get a bachelor’s degree in architecture. This is only possible after passing the 10+2 exam in the science branch. You need to enroll in a reputed B.Arch college by passing the entrance exams conducted by the college.
- This is a five-year program that students must complete. You must pass all courses to graduate. If you pass the entrance exams, you will be admitted to a major university. So, to get into a good college, you have to pass the entrance exams. The B.Arch examination is held at the end of each academic year. You will receive a diploma at the end of the five-year course. Receiving this award is a matter of great prestige.
- Now comes the most important part. You need to register with the Council of Architects of India (CoA). You should be aware that students must register at the Bar upon completion of their law studies. Architecture students must also register with the RvA before they can enter the profession. A certificate of registration entitles them to practice architecture.
Specialised courses in B.Arch:
To learn more about the topics, check out the specialized courses related to B.Arch. Here’s the thing.
- Assuming you want to learn and gain a good knowledge about B.Arch, you can also pursue a postgraduate degree. You can use the M.Arch. This course clarifies the concept of architecture.
- If you want to specialize in one area of architecture, you can choose interior design. This includes an inspection of the interior, including the lighting.
- Landscape architecture is another specialty you can choose.
- Most people also stick to environmental architecture, which teaches the theoretical and conceptual aspects of building energy systems and other related elements.
- Digital architecture is the branch of architecture practiced using sophisticated software. You must use digital design software.
Architecture in India:
The field of architecture in India is gradually expanding. Successful students who graduate from B.Arch have tremendous opportunities ahead of them. You can choose the right one. Most architecture firms are always looking for young architecture graduates. You can get a good job after taking and completing the course. Many event agencies are also looking for architects to assist them in their work. This is a good opportunity for young graduates. As you gain more experience, you may become a consultant in the future.
If you want, you can also open your own business and start your own. This profession allows you to work independently. Many prefer this profession because it allows them to learn more about the subject.
On the other hand, you can also look for work at numerous companies or government agencies. It will be a guaranteed job. You will also receive your pension shortly after you retire. However, the demand for freelance work is gradually increasing. It can make you money and fame at the same time.
Benefits of learning architecture
You will get good results after taking the architecture course. The field of architecture is challenging in that you have areas where you can showcase your talent and skills. If you are a creative person or have a creative mind, then the profession of an architect is the best. As an architect, you need to be dynamic and flexible in your thinking.
As an architect, you owe it to yourself to give your home a new style and look. You need to know how to use the space in the room and offer something new and unique.
Top architecture colleges in India:
Now you will get to know some of the best universities in India in the field of architecture. The faculties of these colleges are excellent. They have already gained enough knowledge and experience in this field in their lives. If you get the best help from the faculties of these colleges working here, you can do something good with your life. Here are some of the best.
- School of Urban Planning and Architecture (New Delhi)
- Sir JJ College of Architecture (Mumbai)
- Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology (Ahmedabad)
- Amity School of Architecture and Planning (Noida)
- Sushant School of Art and Architecture (Gurgaon)
- Tamil Nadu School of Architecture (Coimbatore)
- Manipal Institute of Technology (Manipal)
- Chandigarh College of Architecture (Chandigarh)
- IIT Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology (Kharagpur)
An architect is one of the professionals in this world who deals with the task of building a house. These are the people who build and give a new look to a place. You can also get attractive ideas from the architect by making changes in the room. The demand for architects will never decrease. People will always build houses, and they will look for the right professionals who can give the house a special look and style. The concept of architecture was also widespread in the days when the kingdoms of kings could put it out of use. These places still preserve the heritage and culture of architecture.
frequently asked questions
How many years does it take to become an architect in India?
What qualifications are required to become an architect?
ucas, discover jobs, job profile.
Can you make a career in architecture in India?
Feedback,salary of an architect in indiawhat to study to become an architectwhat is required to become an architecthow to become an architect in keralahow to become an architect in india after 10thhow to become an architect in india after 12th,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,School of Planning and Archit…,Indian Institute of Technolog…,Birla Institute of Technolog…,National Institute of Technolog…,NIT Calicut,See more,how to become an architect in india after 10th,how to become an architect in india after 12th,salary of an architect in india,what to study to become an architect,what subjects are required to become an architect,what is required to become an architect,how to become an architect in kerala,which stream to choose after 10th for architecture