Trevor Bauer, pitcher for the Cleveland Indians, was given a protective order by an Ohio woman in 2020. The allegations against him were that he had threatened to harm her and her family if she did not stay away from him. Bauer denies these claims and says he will be taking legal action against the woman who filed the report.
The trevor bauer contract is a report that was published by the Los Angeles Times on February 20, 2020. The article alleges that Trevor Bauer has been given a protective order by an Ohio woman who claims he physically assaulted her during their relationship.
According to The Washington Post, Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer was given a temporary order of protection last year after allegedly physically abusing an Ohio woman and making a death threat toward her. Bauer was already on administrative leave by Major League Baseball due to sexual misconduct allegations.
The woman claims Bauer struck and choked her without her permission while they were having sex, according to sealed court papers and other evidence acquired by the Post. He also reportedly texted her using a phone number associated with Bauer, stating he doesn’t “feel like spending time in prison for murdering someone.”
According to the Post, Bauer added, “And that’s what would happen if I saw you again,” leading the lady to seek the protection order in June 2020.
The Ohio order, like the one in Bauer’s case with a lady in California, came out of a “ex parte” procedure, which means it was granted without a hearing from the opposing side.
The lady tried to show authorities photos of damage to her eyes in 2017, but was instead detained for underage drinking, according to a police record acquired by the Post. The Post got pictures of the woman’s bruised face and blood in her eyes, but did not reveal her age.
According to the Post, the police report did not specify whether the woman’s claims were examined.
Bauer responded to the Post’s story with a tweet on Saturday, claiming that the newspaper was trying to build a “false narrative” by contacting his female acquaintances and friends.
“Despite my representatives providing a plethora of contradictory evidence, documents, statements, and background information demonstrating this woman’s and her attorneys’ pattern of disturbing behavior, The Washington Post chose to ignore much of this information and publish a salacious story containing defamatory statements, false information, and baseless allegations,” Bauer wrote.
Bauer said that the lady harassed and physically attacked him, as well as attempting to “extort millions of dollars from me last year in return for her not coming out with bogus allegations.”
I can no longer remain quiet after allowing my agents to speak on my behalf for the last six weeks. When the time comes, I will speak openly on the present petition, but first I must address the charges published in The Washington Post today. pic.twitter.com/VhDNQyM1cb
— Trevor Bauer () (@BauerOutage) on 14 August 2021
Bauer’s lawyer and agent, Jon Fetterolf, and agency Rachel Luba, claimed in a statement that the lady and Bauer were in a consensual relationship from 2016 to 2019 and that she pursued him, filing a “bogus protection case” and demanded $3.4 million to “keep quiet.”
In a statement to the Post, the agents also denied the accusations of physical abuse “categorically untrue.” They questioned the authenticity of both the photos and the purported threatening texts, saying they were “years old with no verification.”
According to the Post, the lady withdrew the protective order six weeks after filing it.
In a response to the Post, a league spokesman stated, “MLB takes this and all accusations extremely seriously.” The spokesman declined to provide any more information, citing the continuing Bauer investigation.
The Dodgers refused to say if they were aware of the Ohio court documents when asked by the Post.
Bauer has been on administrative leave since July 2 as authorities look into the California woman’s claims of sexual assault. His vacation has been extended five times and is now set to expire on Friday.
In Los Angeles Superior Court, a civil hearing for the temporary restraining order secured by the lady against Bauer is set for Monday through Thursday.
- trevor bauer college
- trevor bauer height
- trevor bauer stats