Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the transfer market developed differently during the summer than all previous ones, but there were many more shops, and the most important ones can be seen here. The window may be closed in the major European competitions, but here are the best rumours from around the world.
TOP STORY: PSG for Raid Real for Ramos ?
Paris Saint-Germain will replace Sergio Ramos in January because of delays in the contract negotiations with the captain of Real Madrid, reports Diario AS.
The contract of Ramos on the Bernabeu expires at the end of the season, and from 1 January. In January he will be able to negotiate with other clubs.
Earlier this month, sources ESPN Alex Kirkland and Rodrigo Faez reported that initial talks to extend the agreement had begun and that both parties were in favour of an agreement. According to AS, in line with its policy for players over 30 years old, Real Madrid is prepared to offer the central defender a one-year contract with the possibility of extending the contract for a second year if certain criteria are met.
The newspaper says that PSG wants to seduce Ramos with a guaranteed three-year contract worth 20 million euros per season plus a high signing bonus – but he will refuse if Madrid gives him a two-year contract without reducing his current salary.
Sources told ESPN on Monday that Ramos had cancelled a press conference that he had to hold before the match of the Spanish League of Nations against Germany to avoid speculation about his future.
– ESPN+ Live Play (US only)
– ESPN+ Guide: Bundesliga, Series A, MLS, FA Cup and higher
14.44 GMT: Liverpool has no plans to conclude a new agreement with the centre in January, although Virgil Van Dijk and Joe Gomez both suffered knee injuries, reports The Athletic.
Leipzig’s RB Daiot Upamecano, Munich’s Bavarian David Alaba and Neapolitan Calidou Coulibaly are some of the highlights of the move to Enfield to defend the Premier League champions.
In Liverpool, however, it is hoped that Joel Matip and Fabinho will remain in uniform as a couple at the heart of the defence, while the youth products of Rhys Williams and Nat Phillips will give their support.
1:49 AT GREENWICH: Former Chelsea left Chelsea Ashley Cole said that Ben Chilwell had asked her for advice before going to Stamford Bridge itself to take the same stand.
In the summer, Chilwell leaves Leicester for the blues for £50 million. Although his start in the new club was hampered by an injury, he made ten appearances and scored two goals against Frank Lampard.
Speaking of Sky Sports, Cole said… I think joining the young team might have helped him, but from the first minute he wanted to prove he was good enough. That’s what he told me, he wanted to come here, fall to the ground, what should I do?
I said: Look, you keep working hard and you want to play for the club, you want to win, and then he came and did it. I think Chelsea better defend herself with him. They have a better balance there too.
I think he can handle the ball in all areas – in defense, in midfield, he can handle the ball and of course in offense, he can throw, he can hit, he can combine. He’s got everything.
12:58 IN GREENWICH: Did the bad experiences of Barcelona with Zlatan Ibrahimovic ten years ago really make Erling Haaland the choice?
Fault! The file name is not specified. – set
Gab Marcotti says Barcelona can’t adjust his analysis for Erling Haaland because of Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
11.50 GREENWICH: The wolves are at an impasse in their contract negotiations with the winged Adam Traore, reports The Athletic.
However, since the age of 27, the 24-year-old woman has found herself in a very difficult situation. In September, the Wolves’ game was not resumed, as Daniel Podens was five games ahead of the team with a 4-0 defeat at West Ham.
Just last month, Traoré Raúl Jiménez, Conor Coadi, Pedro Neto and Max Kilman followed with the signing of a new long-term agreement, but The Athletic reports that, according to the Spanish internationalist, he will not be part of the team due to the stagnation of negotiations.
In the summer, ESPN sources Mark Ogden announced that Manchester City, Juventus and the former club Barcelona Traore are interested in signing a contract with Molinho, which will run until 2023.
11:11 IN GREENWICH: Paul Pogba said that his absence from Manchester United when he played France was a relief.
In an interview on Sunday, the midfielder admitted that he was going through the most difficult period of his career with United and that the move to the French national team was a welcome change.
After five of United’s last seven games in all leagues and after heavy criticism in England, Pogba gave an excellent response on Saturday night with a very good performance in France’s 1-0 victory over Portugal.
Talking about his difficulties in Manchester, the midfielder told French radio RTL : It’s a phase I’ve never experienced in my career, in which I play normally and always keep the rhythm. And suddenly that changes. I’m starting to get my feelings back. I’ll find myself again. That’s what I have to do all the time and be consistent.
Fault! The file name is not specified. – set
Frank Lebof sheds light on Paul Pogb’s remark that the match with France is a relief.
10.27 GMT: Former England team-mates Wayne Rooney and John Terry could be vying for the vacant coaching position at league club Derby County, Daily Mail reports.
Derby captain Rooney said he would help stabilize the club after Rams fired Phillip Coca as manager on Saturday, who has only won once in 11 games this season and has returned to last place by six points.
The former English striker Rooney, 35 years old, has been working as a derby coach since January. He will be supported by Shay Given, Liam Roseniora and Justin Walker until a permanent director is appointed in the Midlands.
However, the Mail reports that Terry, currently assistant head coach at Aston Villa, is also a potential candidate, and that Villa would not have stood in the way of a 39-year-old player if he had climbed to the top step at another club.
– The championship on ESPN+ : Streaming LIVE games and playback (US only)
09:44 GMT : Aitor Fernandez de Levante, who saved most goalkeepers in La Liga last season, has admitted that Arsenal is interested in signing the contract this summer.
Is it true that there was contact, said 29-year-old Diario AS. Many clubs have asked me, and it’s true (Arsenal and Athletic Bilbao). But I was happy here… I feel comfortable in the Levant.
In September, Arsenal sold the goalkeeper of the FA Cup-winning Aston Villa to Amy Martinez and replaced him with Icelandic vice-champion Alex Runarsson.
A lot has happened, but in the end the club wanted me to continue and I wanted to stay here, according to Fernandez. My athletic development here. I think it’s time to keep growing in the Levant.
09.00 GMT : Argentina’s biggest player, Javier Mascherano, announced that he retired at the age of 36.
Maskerano, a combative midfielder for River Plate, Corinthians, Liverpool, Barcelona and other clubs, made an unexpected statement after the 1-0 defeat of his Estudiantes side by Archentinos Jujors in a league match on Sunday.
I did my job as much as I could 100%, and for a while it got harder, he told the reporters. Sometimes you don’t choose the end, it happens by itself.
Mascherano’s most successful spell was with Barcelona, where he won 19 titles in eight years, including five in La Liga and two in the Champions League.
He played 147 times in four World Cup finals for Argentina. He also won two gold medals as a member of the Argentinian national team at the 2004 and 2008 Olympic Games.
– Messi or Maradona? VOICE ANGENTA
PAPER SPEECH (by Nick Judd): Haland of Martínez targeting the Guardia
Manchester City will give priority to a new striker at the end of the season, with Erling Haaland or Lautaro Martinez given 90 minutes.
It is believed that the city is actively looking for a replacement for Sergio Aghero, and with Gabriel Jesus, the club’s only striker, Pep Guardiola needs other attack options.
Agüero is now 32 years old and gets more and more injured, so the city can not count on his palmares. Haaland has become one of the hottest strikers in the world, and City sees him as the ideal player to lead the team in the coming years.
However, the Martinez is considered to be the most comparable option for a signature. FC Barcelona could not sign the contract this summer because they could not negotiate with Inter, but the city believes they have enough money to convince the Italian club to say goodbye to the Argentine striker.
Rüdiger under the alternative defence targets for Barca
Barcelona increasingly doubted whether they could rewrite Eric Garcia from Manchester City in January, so they turned to Antonio Rudiger from Chelsea, Joel Matip from Liverpool and Shkodran Mustafi from Arsenal.
According to the Spanish branch of Diario Sport, which reports that although Garcia remains his priority, Barca makes a list of cheap alternatives.
Ronald Coeman was told he could draw a defender in the transfer window to create a match for seats next to Clement Langlet, Gerard Peak and Ronald Araujo. However, Barcelona has only limited resources to deal with the financial consequences of the coronavirus and although Garcia will be free to sign next summer, they need to be covered more quickly.
Rüdiger showed up to fill his replacement list. The blues defender was about to leave last summer and would have been interested in moving.
Matip is also on the list, but because Liverpool is worried about injuries, they are thought to be against the sale this winter.
Mustafi is another option, besides the Roman Federico Fazio, the German Pzzella Fiorentina and the Milanese Mateo Musakchio.
Juve requests Mendes to arrange the network agreement
Juventus negotiates with the wolves to sign their Portuguese winged Pedro Neto, according to the Italian representative of Tuttosport.
Neto only arrived in Molinje last summer from Lazio and has recently signed a five-year contract with the Premier League, which is likely to give him a high reward.
However, agent Jorge Mendes is suspected of being behind the deal, and the Portuguese have already been involved in several movements of Portuguese players towards the wolves and can therefore make this move.
Juventus is attracted to Neto because he can play as central attacking midfielder or on any grand piano. Last Wednesday Neto took part in the 7-0 victory of Portugal over Andorra.
– Kevin De Bruyn is negotiating with the city of Manchester to renew his contract after 2023, the Guardian said. The Belgian midfielder, who played a role in Belgium’s 2-0 victory over England on Sunday, now represents himself and told the Belgian TV channel VTM News that he was happy to stay with the club and that the negotiations continued, even though they didn’t make any progress.
– The Brazilian club Vasco de Gama is interested in signing a contract with Italian striker Mario Balotelli, reports Sky Sport in Italy. Balotelli, 30 years old, is self-employed because his contract with Brescia was not renewed this summer. Vasco wants to step up the attack and has set his sights on the former players of Manchester City and Liverpool. Vasco has appointed the Italian Fabio Cordell as their sports director and since last week he has been in contact with Balotelli to try to convince the former Italian international to join them. Balotelli trained with Franciacorta of Serie D after leaving Brescia.