6:28 PM ET
Writer Nick JuddTransfer
The transfer window opened at the beginning of January and speculation about possible transactions is increasing. Read the latest gossip below and see all the official appointments here.
TOP OF PAGE: The Pochettino scouts Agüero, the Dybala plays
Mauricio Pochettino is planning to strengthen his squad at Paris Saint-Germain now and this summer, and the Daily Mirror believes he is considering buying Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero. Meanwhile, Tuttosport reports that PSG are renewing their interest in Juventus’ aggressor Paulo Dybala.
Aguero is approaching the final six months of his contract at City and has not yet signed a new contract, meaning he is free to move to clubs outside England. Despite a season marked by injuries, he remains a threat in Europe’s top flight and Pochettino is seeking a free transfer in the summer.
Aguero will join PSG’s already diverse attacking options alongside Neymar, Kylian Mbappe, Mauro Icardi and Angel Di Maria.
PSG are also one of the few clubs who can afford Aguero’s weekly salary of £240,000.
– Daily ESPN FC broadcast on ESPN+ (US only)
– ESPN+ Watch Guide : Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more.
Milik is wanted by big English clubs, according to Agent.
Arkadiusz Milik’s future remains shrouded in mystery. The Sun says the Napoli striker is wanted by the big clubs in the Premier League.
– Barnwell’s best moves: 100-51 | 50-1
– Summer transfer
– Recent large transfer
Milik’s contract expires in the summer and he has yet to negotiate an extension. Compare that to his current employers in the logging industry. He hasn’t played a single game all season, but despite his lack of training that hasn’t stopped a number of aspiring English clubs from enquiring about his services.
According to the Polish international’s agent, apart from Tottenham Hotspur and Everton, Atletico Madrid and Marseille are also interested in the 26-year-old, who has scored 48 goals for Napoli since joining Ajax in 2016.
Brafe, Mbete and Wilson-Esbrand could follow Sancho‘s lead.
According to the Daily Mail, Man City fear losing more stars from its academy in January as Jaydan Braaf, Luke Mbeth and Josh Wilson-Esbrand are wanted by rival clubs.
Braaf is being targeted by Bayer Leverkusen and talks are reportedly underway. The 18-year-old Dutchman is yet to make his debut for City and is being followed by several other clubs on the continent.
Among the clubs reportedly keeping an eye on 17-year-old Mbete is Juventus, while Leeds United are also interested in 18-year-old Mbete and Wilson Esbrand.
City’s academy is regarded as one of the best in Europe, but rival clubs are more willing to offer a clearer path to first-team football. Jadon Sancho has left City for Borussia Dortmund and three more players could follow this month.
– River Plate defender Gonzalo Montiel is close to a move to Europe, with AS Roma, Lyon and Bologna on his radar, according to Gustavo Jarroch of ESPN Argentina. The right-back, who played in Argentina’s first two games in qualifying for the 2022 World Cup, received a provisional offer from Roma last summer, but River did not accept the terms, according to sources. Calciomercato reports that Roma have also made contact with Lille through right-back Zeki Celik. Celic has long been the target of AC Milan, but the Giallorossi now seem to be the main contenders. Lille want €15 million and are not willing to be tempted by a loan or a reduction in transfer fees.
– According to Sport, PSG asked about Emerson’s back. Emerson is co-owner of Real Betis and Barcelona, where he has a contract until 2024. PSG and AC Milan tried to sign him last summer, but his complicated ownership situation prevented a move. The PSG want to start again and it is reported that Barca are ready to let him go and share the profits with Betis now that they have Sergino Dest.