The January transfer window may seem like a distant memory, but that doesn’t mean the rumours are out of the world! Speculation about summer moves is growing, so check out the latest gossip below and see all the official deals here.
Rummenigge deviates from the future of Sul Bavaria
Bayern Munich director Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says German international Niklas Süle could stay in the Bundesliga, but only under certain conditions, Bild reports.
The central defender’s contract expires in the summer of 2022, meaning he could leave FC Bayern on a free transfer at the end of next season if no deal is reached.
The situation mirrors that of Süle’s defensive partner David Alaba, who confirmed last week that he would be leaving the Allianz Arena after failing to secure a new contract.
If we find a solution, we are in principle willing to extend the contract, but this will only be possible under certain conditions, Rummenigge said.
The negotiations are under way, and then we will see what results they bring. We will think long and hard about it between now and the summer.
Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel is reportedly among those considering replacing Suele, who at 25 could quickly become one of the most coveted central defenders on the market.
– ESPN FC airs daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– Notebook : Mourinho’s future, why Utd handed Upamekano…
Niklas Süle’s contract at Bayern Munich expires in June 2022. Lucas Bart-Tuttas – Pool/Getty Images
Man City are not listening to De Bruyne’sbid.
According to Fabrizio Romano, Manchester City will not listen to a bid for their talented midfielder Kevin De Bruyne.
The reporter said the city considers the 29-year-old man 100% untouchable in the window opening.
Indeed, the club are confident of extending the Belgian’s contract until 2023.
The midfielder made his first appearance since returning from injury in Sunday’s 1-0 win against Arsenal.
Neuhaus is calm about the future
Borussia Monchengladbach’s Florian Neuhaus has had an impressive season and has caught the attention of fans and clubs alike, ESPN wrote earlier this month.
Bayern Munich and a number of celebrities have been linked with the 23-year-old midfielder.
But, as Mr Kicker told German International, he is not thinking too much about transfers yet.
He told the German store: It’s not a big problem for me at the moment. I play for Borussia, I’m under contract and we still have some very big goals as a club this season. I can’t tell you right now what’s going to happen this summer.
I’m also very relaxed about the future. Borussia is the club where I have been able to develop perfectly and where everything is going well. I know what I have in Borussia.
– Max Eberle, Gladbach’s sporting director, has admitted to Sky Sports Deutschland that he has spoken to potential managers. This follows the announcement of Marco Rose’s move to Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season.
– Former Arsenal striker Yaya Sanogo has reached an agreement to sign for league club Huddersfield Town, reports the Football Insider. The 28-year-old is currently a free agent after leaving Toulouse at the end of his contract last summer.
– According to Fabrizio Romano, Jorge Sampaoli is about to sign to become coach of Marseille. The decision follows the resignation of André Villas-Boas due to disagreements over transfer policy, which he openly criticised at a press conference. Romano added that former Juventus and Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri had also asked to play the role, but had declined.