The SSC CHSL is a competitive exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. The government exam takes place every year to recruit eligible candidates in numerous departments, ministries, and organizations of India.
Students preparing for the SSC CHSL exam know how important it is to study General Awareness. This subject goes beyond theory found in textbooks; instead, students need to read newspapers regularly to ace this exam. Aspirants that wish to score well on the General Awareness section of the exam need to understand how to increase their general knowledge.
Aspirants must study all the subjects thoroughly to score well and pass the written exam of SSC CHSL. Each section must be given equal importance in a student’s study plan.
How to prepare for General Awareness in the SSC CHSL Exam
When it comes to cracking the SSC CHSL exam, students need to create the perfect exam strategy that leaves no topic behind. Before you start your preparation for the test, the first thing you need to know is the sub-topics under General Awareness as it forms a crucial part of the syllabus.
BYJU’S Exam Prep is one of the best sources that provides you subject wise general awareness for various topics that are asked in the exam. You must visit website to boost your GK knowledge of static GK and current affairs.
These are a few topics that you should incorporate into your study plan:
- Current affairs and events
- Facts about India and its neighboring countries
- India’s culture, history, economics, and geography
- Basics of computer and science
SSC CHSL General Awareness Exam: Tier 1 syllabus
Candidates preparing for the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam can follow the syllabus given below:
- Basics of Computers and Computer Applications
- Flora and Fauna of India
- Indian Economy
- Environmental problems of India and the world at large
- Scientific and technological evolutions that include the Space & Nuclear Program of India, UN, and various other significant world organizations
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and the World
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- Flagship government programs
- Substantial Government and Public Sector Organizations of India
- Basic Science and Life Science
- Indian Polity and Governance: Constitution and Political System
A few other topics that you should study are:
- India’s History
- General Science
- General Abbreviations
- Static GK
- Economics & Current Affairs
Is it necessary to make notes for the SSC CHSL Exam?
Yes. It is advisable to create notes to help you with revisions because you might not recall everything you read. General Awareness is a rather vast topic covering a never-ending parade of current affairs. To keep abreast of the latest events, students must work on their note-taking strategies.
How to enhance your general awareness for the SSC CHSL exam?
If you are wondering how to improve your general knowledge, don’t worry. Some of the most incredible SSC CHSL exam preparation tips are listed below:
- Read the newspaper every day. If possible, read multiple newspapers which cover both national and international events.
- Make regular notes on different current events happening in the world.
- BYJU’S Exam Prep also has a section that can keep you updated with daily news. This feature shows students all the current events from the exam point of view.
If you want to make the preparation even more accessible, you can register with BYJU’S Exam Prep. Here, you can find the complete syllabus and answers to all your queries related to the SSC CHSL exam.
Stay Connected with our education blog & Write for us education